Sunday, May 30, 2004

GET OUT THERE AND GRILL GRILL GRILL: Low-carb Jim has his hamuburger recipe up, which looks to be both simple and tasty. I go even simpler than Jim in terms of never really adding anything to my ground beef itself, but I usually require mayo, ketchup, American cheese and Spanish olives when the burger reaches bun stage. I don't know if I'll go "round the world" this year--one burger, one hot dog, one sausage (if present) and one piece of barbecued chicken--but I will give it my best effort.

No Chris Matthews today and Meet The Press started at 10 because of the French Open--which I can sort of understand, even if there aren't that many tennis fans left it's still a major event. And then This Week was pushed back for an even more washed up sporting event, the Indianapolis 500, so I missed Zinni and Perle on the Stephanoposhow. Which could've been quite interesting, seeing the Iraq War hater vs. the Chalabi true believer. Or not.

Instead I watched Russert interview Pelosi and Bob Dole. Pelosi does not impress me, and Bob has been ruined for me by a million Conan O'Brien sketches. HAPPY HAPPY DOLE DOLE....

Remember: safe grilling practices this weekend. No overindulgence in lighter fluid for comedic effect. Cook meat throughly, to remove the toxins. Wear an apron to protect your genitals. And don't go crazy with the cicadas, no matter how plentiful and nutrient-rich they are.

No comments: