Thursday, February 07, 2002

MAGAZINE WATCH: I don't know if anybody reads the print version of National Review besides me, but there's a big article this month --I think it was by Ramesh Ponneru-- calling out Virginia Postrel and Ron Bailey and some other Reason magazine folks. Maybe the National Review editorial types are serious about making libertarians the next big Threat To Society that conservatives are sworn to undermine. Meanwhile, I know it'll be on their website eventually but Reason has a great defense of vulgarity this month by Charles Paul Freund. Freund's point if I remember it right is that vulgarity is the thing that truly brings the winds of change to old conservative cultures. Reason has the neat cover of an Arab guy drinking Pepsi this month; the Arab love of American goods was one of the neat touches I loved in Three Kings.

No comments: