Friday, February 01, 2002

STAR TREK WRAPUP: I feel like doing this so I can get all the recent Star Trek posts in one place. I am one of those that feels that Next Generation was absolutely the best of the Trek shows. It boils down to the science fiction of TNG being way better than the original, though Voyager had good SF episodes too. And Patrick Stewart is a far far better actor than William Shatner. This, I think, outweighs any problems with the economics or politics of the 24th century.

Here's the article that got Ken Layne talking about Star Trek first here then here.

Then the Samizdata people jumped on it. You can read their stuff sequentially like this: one, two, three, four, five, and six.

Ginger Stampley has a post but more on science fiction in general. She disses Voyager, which was always watchable once The Doctor and Seven were involved. She also refs the Penfield Mood Organ, I've got mine set to My Posts Appear Incredibly Witty And Incisive. Must need new batteries....

No comments: