Wednesday, January 16, 2002

ANTI-BLOGGER RESPONSE WATCH: Okay, here's my rundown on the responses to the Raimondo screed:

As noted below, Glenn Reynolds can now report that Pravda holds his site in fine regard.

Ken Layne just tells him to chill out for a minute. I thought Ken would really rip him, since Raimondo devoted quite a few lines to him, but he pretty much deflated him, which is absolutely a better response.

Bjorn Staerk gives him a few paragraphs and basically concludes with next time he won't be trolled into responding so easily.

Sgt. Stryker gives a point-by-point rebuttal.

Fredrik Norman appears to take him in stride while defending Ayn Rand from charges of racism.

Joanne Jacobs basically has this sentence in response: "Justin Raimondo tries to outblog the warbloggers in an Antiwar.com column, but lacks the analytical skills and wit to pull it off."

And Andrew Sullivan hasn't responded yet. I doubt he will, he isn't really a proponent of the blogging phenomenon --I mean, I don't think he wants everybody to start a weblog like Ken Layne does. But maybe he'll have a little something.

There you go.

UPDATE: I forgot these, because they weren't mentioned in Justin Raimondo's original article:

Rand Simberg points to the drive-by shooting that was perpetrated upon his blog.

Natalie Solent got some fan mail from Justin.

And The Midwest Conservative Journal (a secretive conglomerate based in Ames, Iowa) is cheesed off because the Editor ripped Raimondo twice and didn't even get mentioned in the anti-blogger thing, while bloggers who never had a problem with him got all of his ire. Wotta gyp.

There you go. Again.

UPDATE UPDATE: The Cobra Commander-like Samizdata Team direct me to their responses: by David, by Perry, and by Natalija --hers is kind of wistful and in passing. There's no word from them on what kind of girls dig libertarians, but I'm sure they'll get to it.

Charles wrote in to tell me that he's ignoring Raimondo. Cool. And I would like to thank Charles, belatedly, for linking to my blog.

Incidentally, I only meant this piece to be a sort of tracker for all the people Raimondo called out in his piece, but if you've got a particularly good counter-screed by all means let me know and I'll add it here.

No comments: