Tuesday, February 12, 2002

MORE FIGURE SKATING: Here's the Rabbit on why she likes figure skating, and Michelle Kwan:

When figure skaters get carried away, so do I. This is why I like the sport - it's all about overwhelming emotions like pure joy and grace and the desire to bust someone's knees in with a baseball bat. You can practice all your life, but get a little bit distracted, just for a second, and you won't be nailing that triple, which means no gold for Goldilocks. This is why we like Michelle Kwan - when she's in the zone, not only does she do everything right, but she has that look of thrilled happiness on her face that really gets everyone within 100 square miles into it. I am growing tired of her pure joy signature move, I have to admit - that slightly skewed one-legged arms-outstretched thing? But I like the red necklace, and I want her to win. That little weasel Tara Lipinski made her stay in the game for another four years, and it had better fucking pay off.

Go read the whole thing, Heather appears to be a legit figure skating fan. Her hatred of Lipinski mechanistic cutey-pooness I find pleasing, I must admit. I believe I hate Britney Spears in a similiar way. That's right --BRITNEY SPEARS.

No comments: