Monday, March 25, 2002

OSCARS: Somebody at Salon remembered Cintra Wilson's phone number (or she remembered theirs --much more likely) and she covered the Oscars. The rabbit got herself some Salonnage too. Ken had continuing coverage up all evening long. My initial thoughts were: Halle Berry? You're kidding me. Not that I saw Monster's Ball but I saw X-Men and she was an afterthought in freakin' X-Men. I am going to go out on a limb and say her getting the Oscar was completely politically oh-we're-so-sorry-black-actors motivated, while the Denzel win was due to him being the best actor not named Russell Crowe out there --Crowe having gotten on everybody's nerves in the past year. So the Washington win is much more legit than the Berry one --and funny how the first "black" actress to get the big one is obviously biracial. The Oscars: Only partially meritocratic since 1928.

No comments: