Tuesday, April 08, 2003

OH YEAH: I wish I had seen this on tv (the latter part, not the obnoxious Fox News part):

The cable news channels this time have shown they can be entertaining--loved the over-the-top Fox News Channel ad on Wednesday sniping at MSNBC's slogan of "America's News Channel" because it employed Peter Arnett, and the CNN shot of English graffiti on a giant poster of Saddam Hussein that read "Mean People Suck"--but they are not as vital as they were.

That's soooo great. And it's one of the good reasons for going to war. Mean People do Suck, and will Suck The Fist Of American Military Might for the foreseeable future--well, at least until 2004 when we get the adventurists out. Man, I don't know, I'm all for non-intervention, but seeing people beat the hell out of a statue of Saddam Hussein makes me think maybe we are doing the right thing overall. I still don't trust the First Neocon Expeditionary Force, though. Buncha armchair goofballs....

No comments: