Friday, April 11, 2003

YOUR PROBABLY INAPPROPRIATE SONG LYRICS OF THE DAY: Sublime's April 29th, 1992 (Miami):

[I don't know if you can, but can you get an order for Ons, that's O-N-S,
Junior Market, the address is 1934 East Aneheim, all the windows are
busted out, and it's like a free-for-all in here and uh the owner should
at least come down here and see if he can secure his business-
if he wants to]


April 26th, 1992
There was a riot on the streets
Tell me where were you?
You were sittin' home watchin' your TV
While I was participating in some anarchy


First spot we hit it was my liquor store
I finally got all that alcohol I can't afford
With red lights flashin' time to retire
And then we turned that liquor store into a structure fire.


Next stop we hit it was the music shop
It only took one brick to make that window drop
Finally we got our own p.a.
Where do you think I got this guitar that you're hearing today? ey!


More:

When we returned to the pad to unload everything
It dawned on me that I need new home furnishings
So once again we filled the van until it was full
Since that day my livin' room's been more comfortable
Cause everybody in the hood has had it up to here
It's getting harder and harder and harder each and every year
Some kids went in a store with their mother
I saw her when she came out she was gettin some pampers
They said it was for the black man,
they said it was for the mexican
And not for the white man
But if you look at the streets
It wasn't about Rodney King
It's bout this fucked up situation and these fucked up police
It's about coming up
And staying on top
And screamin' 187 on a mother fuckin' cop
It's not written on the paper it's on the wall
National guard
Smoke from all around!


There you go.

No comments: