Sunday, July 25, 2004

BEEN CRUISING ABOUT IN THE '89 CUTLASS LATELY: When you need some extra speed you just turn off the air conditioner and it's --whoosh--you're back against your seat. Just like when Lord Humongous put kicks in the nitrous during the grand finale chase in The Road Warrior. Yes, I am the ayatollah of rock-n-rollah.

On a somewhat related front: Warrior of the Lost World, one of the cheapo post-apocalyptic 80s things that followed Mad Max 2, is one of the best episodes of MST3K. I love the 80s stuff on that show--it's generally the funnest, there's cute coyness or message-making that's in the 60s episodes, or no uncomfortable edginess that accompanies even the crappiest of similar stuff from the 70s. Then again, the uncomfortable edginess made Mitchell pretty memorable. Actually, MST3K could polish a turd from an era. But I guess the 80s crap I feel warmer toward for sentimental generational reasons.

I guess I'll have to pick up a copy of Eightball #23 at some point. That Sean Collins post is quite the great summative analysis and linkfest.

I have nothing else. It takes longer to spell "procrastinate" than to do it. Or something.

No comments: