Wednesday, January 16, 2002

COOLNESS: Steven (I'm not linking to him, as he says he's changing IPs today) points out a company that's developing a wearable helicopter. Time even covered it, revealing that the Pentagon is one of the investors. Neato. There's a picture there of a personal aircraft prototype; it looks like a Skyhawk.

Steven's other post about the universe being stranger than we can imagine recalls Roy Batty's soliloquy from Blade Runner for me, I'm not sure why:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to die.


It doesn't look like much, I admit, if you've never seen Blade Runner, but where it comes in the movie and how Rutger Hauer says it sort of branded it in my brain.

No comments: