Monday, September 06, 2004

REJOINED NETFLIX TODAY: Like a fool. I always feel like, I'll end up saving money by watching movies so I know what ones to not purchase. (And I will certainly not save money from copying DVDs. Nope. The RIAA finds that immoral.) But then I end up with wasted rental fees and movies sitting on the tv for months at a time. That's--inefficient. But--NO RENTAL FEES. Just PUT IT IN THE MAILBOX. It's so easy. And because it's easy--it's worth money! Basic economics! We create new markets by saving people time in our crazy fast-paced society. And so--it is my patriotic duty to rent movies on-line. That's it, basically.

Netflix has a lot more foreign flicks than I remember, which is good. Their recommendations, though, appear to be based on what you tell Netflix you like, and not based on what you've rented, or what it's in your queue. Which is less good. So it's hard to sort the various foreign films into discrete bits you might actually like.

So. I will fit in a few movies between the full-time school and the full-time work. Suuuuure. Hey, I have to stay culturally literate somehow.

No comments: