Tuesday, January 03, 2006

UMMM: What happened to Charles Murtaugh's blog?

UPDATE: Here's another suspicious blog--allegedly a Boston College fan blog (found via the ACC Basketblog--yes, I keep my friends close, and my enemies closer), it's now "milf seeker hardcore." With a similiar message: "blogger" retires, complaining about how stressful life is now and how things have changed, blah blah blah, with a few links thrown in to those "adult finder"-ish sites. Spammers must be seeking out dead blogs with incoming links, reregistering the URLs and setting them up as retired blogs instead of dead blogs.

This should be a lesson to anyone who uses blogspot: Don't delete your blog! I know you're retiring, but just say "I'm retiring" and let the Google aether preserve it for all eternity. Let the rest of us go back and read what you had to say, you know? Else your once-beloved URL will end up as so much spam fodder.

I think this may have happened to Blowhard's site as well, but I'm not sure.

No comments: