Sunday, June 06, 2004

ONE LINES FROM VIKTOR VAUGHN VAUDEVILLE VILLAIN I KEEP LAUGHING OUT LOUD AT: From Track 6, "A Dead Mouse":

That's the trouble with these chicks
Next experiment twelve strands from double helix
No I haven't seen Kes, Neelix
"Oh yeah? You just stay away from her with those lyrics!"
Please--ain't nobody fuckin' after her
I'm out of here soon as I fix the flux capacitor

Followed shortly thereafter with:

Sparky, I had enough of your malarkey
For one, don't mark me--and who you callin' "darky"?

Maybe I wouldn't love Doom like I do if he didn't use so many comics and science fiction and cartoon references--but so what? Those references speak to me, as they say. And how many people can rhyme lecithin with aspirin? Not many.

I love being in that stage of album-purchasing, by the way, where you buy your really great album and listen to it again and again, because it's just that great. I must be up to twenty listens now with Viktor Vaughn.

Jeez, that's it. Have to read Homer, Aristophanes, Virgil and Ovid yet this weekend, and say something halfway intelligent about them. But let me leave you with this, via Jim Henley: a supervillain armed with a killer bulldozer emerges in Colorado. Well, almost a supervillain; the guy, upset with town fathers for oppressing his business, killed himself after his rampage, and the traditional supervillain meets his demise via his own arrogance or the ingenuity of a hero. But still: he had a superweapon and he used it and the authorities couldn't stop him. That's a supervillain in my book.

No comments: