Friday, August 20, 2010

IT'S CALLED A GRIND BRO: Just to get another Scott Pilgrim line into Google.

I don't follow Spoony very much (mostly because I don't do video reviews, or podcasts, or really anything that isn't text, since, you know, text is fast) but here he mentions another possible "if you like this you'll like Scott Pilgrim" movie: Big Trouble in Little China. Well, I don't think he actually says it quite so explicitly (I was falling asleep as I listened) but he brings it up and I do think it's the sort of "strange stuff happens and people just accept it--don't think about why anything's happening on screen too hard" experience that if liked it, you might Scott Pilgrim.

Another one that might be even a better barometer was brought up in the comments of Outlaw Vern's Scott Pilgrim review: Streets of Fire. Oh gosh yes. If you loved Streets of Fire you are going to love Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. I speak from personal experience.

No comments: