Tuesday, March 09, 2010

BIG TEN EXPANSION TEA LEAVES: Are saying Rutgers at the moment. As a Rutgers fan and a Big East fan, if the Big Ten takes any Big East school I would hope it would be Rutgers. The football program would continue to be able to build its national prominence, and the basketball program (men's I mean) can continue to be terrible and nobody will care. Meanwhile the Big East can replace a terrible basketball school with a good one like Memphis and maybe get them to improve football too. It would insure the continued survival of the nation's best basketball conference and that's the important thing for me. (Also I'm glad these stupid "Texas to the Big Ten!!!" rumors are dying down. That whole thing was some of the more annoying meaningless Internet sports speculating I can think of.)

No comments: